Modulize is an early phase, VC-backed startup. Our vision is a world where we use technology and data to make construction faster, cheaper and greener - all without sacrificing quality or character. We believe that offsite construction (OSC) and onsite assembly - also called prefabrication - can help the sector learn from the manufacturing and process industries to achieve this vision. OSC is the single most promising way to reverse the industry's negative trend in productivity, to halt spiralling cost and to reduce the staggering amounts of waste that construction creates today (nearly 40% of all global waste and emissions stem from construction & demolition).
To increase the use of prefabrication, we are developing a collaborative SaaS solution for Prefab Design, Planning & Procurement that will finally unlock the true potential of offsite construction. We are a small team that is looking to grow fast! The construction industry is at an inflection point and the opportunities to push the largest industry on the globe into the digital age are tremendous. At Modulize we want to dare you to think big, take ownership of challenges alongside your team and and take your intellectual curiosity out into the complex world of construction.
To continue developing Modulize we're looking for a Machine Learning Engineer to join our team. You will be responsible for designing and developing Machine Learning solutions for production environments, taking the lead on the team for all things ML! You will get to shape our product from day one, and as one of the earliest team members you will do the same for the whole company. As part of your work, you will
- Develop and shape a complex technology stack from an early stage
- Develop machine learning models to improve our understanding of 2D and 3D building models
- Solve difficult geometry problems that will create major boosts in construction efficiency
- Understand the customer needs build the technology that solves their problems
- Work across the technology stack and learn new things
Please note that this role is based in Oslo, Norway.
Above all, we are looking for great people who are hungry to help us build a product that will change the biggest industry on the globe for the better. For this role, we would also love to see the following:
- Preferably Masters degree or higher in maths, physics, computer science, or similar (equivalent work experience is just as great)
- The ability to write code for production environments
- Skills in math, geometry, signal processing, data processing and/or machine learning, as well as software development across the stack.
- Experience working in, and deploying to, production environments
- Enthusiasm around software development or other forms of building, that also extends outside of work or study program
- Experience and interest in solving very hard problems
Out technology stack includes AWS, Python, React, three.js and FastAPI, so experience with some or all of these is a major plus.
What we offer
At Modulize we want to build a bold, open and empathetic environment, where everyone can thrive and get real joy out of doing their best work. We offer a salary and ownership in Modulize and we work hard for everyone in our team to grow alongside the company!