Do you want to create positive change in the largest industry on our planet? Some of the most exciting, and often overlooked, opportunities to tackle our biggest environmental challenges lie in changing the way we build!
At Modulize, we believe that the key to sustainable construction lies within offsite construction, and it is our mission to build world class solutions that make more modern ways of building a no brainer! To achieve this, we are developing AI based tools to simplify design, planning and procurement in building projects looking to maximise the benefit of offsite construction!
In this role, you will be working with our team of Software, Data, and Machine Learning Engineers, to build a leading edge product that will challenge how we think about the possibilities in construction.
We have just closed a significant fundraise from international VCs and this role will be part of a significant growth period across all teams. You will get to work on some of the most complex problems we can solve in a browser, including modelling and analysing complex 3D building designs.
The construction industry is at an inflection point and the opportunities to push the largest industry on the globe into the digital age are tremendous. At Modulize we want to dare you to think big, take ownership of challenges alongside your team and and take your intellectual curiosity out into the complex world of construction.
- Proven experience as a Full Stack Developer or similar role
- Experience developing web applications
- Knowledge of multiple front-end languages and libraries (e.g. HTML/ CSS, Typescript, React)
- Knowledge of multiple back-end languages, particularly Python
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL), web servers (e.g. Apache) and UI/UX design
- Strong abilities in math, geometry and problem solving
- Great attention to detail
- An analytical mind
- Knowledge of design patterns, enterprise architecture and software engineering principles.
- Good communication and personal skills: ability to interact and work well with members of other functional groups in a project team and a strong sense of project ownership.
- Experience in Scrum and Agile methodologies
Joining a team of all around great full-stack developers and data engineers, you will be at the heart of building products that not only solve real problems, but are a joy to use!
We're building an incredibly complex product and you will be joining a fast growing team. And not only will you get to shape our product from nearly day one, but you will do the same for the whole company.
In your daily work, you will
- Develop and shape a complex technology stack from an early stage
- Solve difficult geometry problems that will create huge boosts in construction efficiency
- Understand the customer needs build the technology that solves their problems
- Work across the stack, from frontend to backend to devops
Please note that this role is based in Oslo, Norway. We have a hybrid setup and work from home when we need to, but also love spending time together in the office!
What we offer
At Modulize we want to build a bold, open, and empathetic environment, where everyone can thrive and get real joy out of doing their best work. You will get:
- A competitive salary
- Equity in the company
- A central office in one of the best cities in the world
- Laptop & equipment
- Social activities with the team
And most importantly, we work hard for everyone in our team to grow alongside the company!